Friday, March 18, 2011

Looking Up

So, this morning I woke up to a brilliant sunrise. Our home on the hill felt like it was floating in clouds. It reminded me of Miazaki's Movie "Castle in the sky".  Things are looking up.
I recently moved into a different room in order to give me and my old roommate a chance to recover from our illnesses..... we were thinking it was some form of strep. At any rate. Things got blown out of the water by miss-communications and he said she said crap. Things are cooling down, and I'm feeling myself relax. I'm hoping for even more friendships and good times.
I can't believe its already halfway over. That I have been in Italy for over a month and a half!! I'm getting a trip planned for myself, hopefully a friend too, to go see the Shillings in Augsberg Germany. It would be quite a  and really only last through the weekend, but at the same time I can't let myself come to Europe, be so close, and not go see them. To be honest when I first got to I missed German food and their lifestyle more than the American lifestyle. The bread in Germany is so good! And I was surprised and depressed to find out that it wasn't the same here in Italy.... the bread is rather tasteless.
I got to watch the NCAA basketball tourney opener yesterday at the Lion's Well in town! My friend and I skipped dinner, got pizza, and went and watched the games in the pub. It was amazing how when local's came in they started watching too and got somewhat invested in the game. My friend was satisfied with Kentucky winning, he goes there, and Louisville losing to another team. (Louisville is UK's big rival) UGA is playing at a time when I can't watch so I need someone to fill me in..... JENNY MOSS I CHOOSE YOU! ha I hope she reads this.
So, we saw the weirdest ballet in my life. It was of the play Giselle. Ok.... take classical music.... which makes sense its a ballet. Then add breakdancers..... yes.... breakdancers.... and then a prima ballerina. SO STRANGE. 
I have to go into town today and get some laundry detergent. I'm hoping the weather stay's fair so I can dry my clothes outside!
I got to talk to my Nana and Papa on skype yesterday! It was so nice to see their faces.
All I have left from my illness is my cough and even that is starting to go away.
Things are looking up.

2 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo! That is lovely news to hear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are doing better :)) We should try skyping with Jess & boys, she looked up your skype and found you but I don't know time difference. We will work on it...love to see your sweet face! Lots of love from here, Aunt Nancy

    ReplyDelete