Saturday, April 2, 2011

Got Georgia on my Mind

I know it has been awhile since I posted a blog, but here we go.
Today we went to Arezzo for our trip. I really had a lot of fun. It was only a 30 minute bus ride, and the weather was perfect.
It was nice because I was able to find a few things that I could wear for spring. For some reason I forgot that aspect when I was packing. haha oops.
There was a cool antique fair going on all day. There was some cool stuff, and got a pair of sunglasses..... I forgot a pair.... again... a packing fail on my part.
We went and ate Chinese today, which was surprisingly cheap and tasty. Maybe its because its been two months since Ive had anything resembling Chinese food.
It was cool walking through a home decoration store... kind of like Pier one  except a million times better. I know what I want my house to look like...... whenever that happens... oh well. lol My house will be awesome. That is one thing I like about Italians. They may live in a tiny apartment, but that apartment will be that person's palace, and will be beautiful. Kinda like the way they dress. Its rare form to see a frumpy Italian.
I also had a realization on the bus. I realized I love it here, and I love the people (most of the time lol), but there isnt really a place to belong. Its like being in a constant state of being a tourist. Especially in such a touristy town like Cortona. I mean theres no way for people to know that you are living there and studying. So, you get treated just like all the annoying tourists toddling around Cortona in a half dazed confusion.  boo. Thats why its nice to be known by a shop clerk, or a barista at a local Cafe.  I mean it was encouraging because people were speaking to me in Italian today, so I must be looking more European. hahaha.
I'm surprised at how much the weather is lifting my spirits. It was the first day that I was comfortable in a short sleeve T-shirt.  I mean I was in a good mood already, but good company, good food, AND good weather?! awesome.
Life is Good :)

1 comment:

  1. :) Glad u are doing well. Thx for sharing, love the post. Maybe you don't feel you belong there because home is GA, but a gorgeous place to be temporarily! Well, Nana & Papa are here visiting, everyone sends hugs <3we miss you!! <3 Can't wait to see you soon.
    love, Aunt Nancy

    ReplyDelete